Pages Tabs

8.24.2011

Call of Duty Black Ops: Rezurrection is Alive!



So I'm a self professed Trayarch poo-poo-er. But I do have to admit that this new “Call of Duty: Black ops Resurrection pack” is pretty damn cool. Let me explain.



I’m sure most of you know that Call of Duty was the product of the guys who started up infinity ward. These guys were also the guys who started up Medal of Honor. They eventually had issues with EA and had to leave the company or were forcefully removed; I forget the details. The fact is that after that they went to Activision and started up Call of Duty. now the first Call of Duty games I wasn’t that interested in because well honestly I didn’t really pay that much
attention to who made what game, so I figured it was just a copy cat Medal of Honor game.

Flash forward to now when they’ve had a spout with Activision and they left the Call of Duty games in the hands of Treyarch. I believe Treyarch was shoehorned in to make sure there was a Call of Duty game every year.

I didn’t really like World at War that much. Not because I hated Treyarch per se but mainly because I’m kind of tired of the World War 2 games and weapons. So I skipped it. I did however hear about the zombie mode they started with that series. I still wasn’t interested enough in it to buy it but I noticed it. A lot of people really love the Zombie mode in that game. Maybe it’s dumb, maybe it’s overdone, maybe it’s just an attempt to cover the fact that it may be a smidgen worse (mechanically) than the better made Infinity ward games. Whatever the case it’s their ace in the hole.

Everyone who bought World at war loved the zombie mode. It started something different, something new. And now that this game Black Ops is out they are really cashing in on that cow. They are about to release this map pack for 14.99 that doesn’t just add zombies, it changes the game quite a bit. They took the formula that made them popular with World At War and pumped full of Nitrous Oxide!


This new map pack is World At War’s Zombie Horde mode on crack. They’ve added new weapons, and put you in space for at least one map I’ve seen adding a whole new element to the zombie disemboweling battle physics. Zombies in Space! Take a look at the trailer for this and tell me you’re not at least a little interested:




Like I said earlier I skipped World at War and all of it’s Zombies because I just wasn’t ready for a new FPS, and I’m not really into WW2 scenario, but because I skipped it, I’m even more intrigued with what they’re doing now.


So there’s the already released “Black Ops Escalation” DLC which includes “Call of the Dead” pack. The moment I seen this trailer I realized that these people have their finger on the right pulse. If you don’t already have this or even know what’s going on in “Call of the Dead” let me try to explain. Here’s the description:
"A shipwrecked crew of fearless explorers is hopelessly stranded in an abandoned Siberian outpost. Their dream of discovering the true origins of the Element 115 unravels into a hellish nightmare."

The cast of characters in this game includes Sarah Michelle Geller, Danny Trejo, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and the super famous by zombies himself George A. Romero as an enemy. If you don’t know who these people are freakin’ google it.




Anyway All you Black Ops people out there. Go buy this. Give Treyarch their due, and pay them for content that is in fact there because you demanded it. Any of you people out there like me that initially didn’t want to buy into Black Ops for the reasons I mentioned above, I think it might be time to give Treyarch a little credit where it’s due, and try their game out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be scared to join the conversation and lay your opinion down in the comments section. We just ask to be civil and keep the name calling down to a minimum.