Pages Tabs

12.03.2010

Ericson Playstation phone video WTF!

Destructoid just posted up video footage of what seems to be the long rumored Sony Playstation Ericson phone. Here check this shit out.



If you listen to the podcast regularly you would know that my poor phone is mostly broken, and have been waiting for something new to encourage me to buy a new phone. This may be it guys... seriously, but I don't know how they could do this right.

I'm on the fence about it because logic tells me that if they are going to be using the Android OS, I don't think they'll be able to just release a bunch of Playstation brand exclusive games onto it because then it would become available to all Android phones. Unless somehow they can make their own game store that only works on this particular phone.

Anyway discuss if you care, and shit even if you don't care I'd like to hear what anyone thinks!

3 comments:

  1. Its looks interesting, the games issue is a problem. I can see maybe the Minis store being possible but who the hell buys those? Its a conundrum for sure. Can the phone handle a full fledge PSP game and also maybe they are going to announce some sort of games deal with android to shove its up Apples arse. But I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a Sony Ericsson phone now, the awesome w810i!
    This is a smarter move than the PSPgo was...at least IMO.

    "I don't think they'll be able to just release a bunch of Playstation brand exclusive games onto it because then it would become available to all Android phones. Unless somehow they can make their own game store that only works on this particular phone."
    Perhaps they can tie the games into an account, like a PSN account or something?

    The one odd thing, is I think they missed an opportunity to add a full keypad in the middle section when it slides out...it seems like wasted space, but perhaps there's a lot of wires/gadgetry in that area and they couldn't fit the full keypad on it.

    Also, we didn't see any clue really as to what service provider the phone will be with, has that already been mentioned? Here's hoping AT&T, at least that way if I find my money tree, I can maybe get one of these and not change service providers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That middle section is actually the "Dual Analog" type track pads. Notice the little metal circles with a gray surrounding area that kinda looks like a Mac Track pad.

    I don't know how that would work as Dual Analogs but I'm definitely willing to test drive one :).

    My broken phone is a W580i Ericson. It was the slider so that's what broke.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared to join the conversation and lay your opinion down in the comments section. We just ask to be civil and keep the name calling down to a minimum.