Pages Tabs

8.02.2010

Play Bit.Trip.Runner and help an Indy developer out.

Every once in awhile I come across some small titles on Wiiware that I fall in love with. Granted Wiiware isn't know for tons of amazing games, but if you look you can find some diamonds in the rough. One of those diamonds is Bit.Trip.Runner by Gaijin Games. They have been responsible for all the other Bit.Trip games that have landed on Wiiware over that last few years. Just like the other games in the series Runners gameplay are based on simple old school game mechanics and music plays an interesting roll as well.

The game plays like a platformer but your main character CommanderVideo is constantly moving right across the screen. Your job is to jump, kick and duck your way past obstacles with out crashing into them. If you hit a wall or fall into a pit your done for good and need to start all the way back beginning of the level. It's painfully cruel, but the levels are short and every move you make is accompanied by some chip-tune inspired sound that somehow mixes with the background music. So as your jumping around and kicking the shit out of things the game produces some crazy music that all blends together.

Now it's seems I'm not the only one who has become a fan of the game and this blogger Gabotron wants to spread the word about  Bit.Trip.Runner. He wants everyone to make a video to help Gaijin out and sell some games. It's only $8 you cheap bastards, so check it out. See below.



So I'm here to help spread the word as well and I am going to use Gabotron's files to create my own video and post it back up here when I'm done. Who knows where me and CommanderVideo will go, but I bet its going to involve some booze.

If you've played Bit.Trip.Runner, what are your thoughts?
Have you tried any other of the Bit.Trip games?

Quote source: Kotaku

4 comments:

  1. Word-of-mouth! The best type of advertising(at least that's what they say).

    I have not played Bit.Trip Runner, as I was 100 points shy of the 800 asking points when it released.
    I do own one of the games, Bit.Trip Void I think...not even sure, as I won it in a contest.

    BTW, Gaijin Games released a Bit.Trip Runner soundtrack yesterday, it's available for download for $5.99.
    Link for story on soundtrack is: http://ctrlaltkill.org/?p=6869.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice I will have to check it out Coffee. The intro to the game has an Anamanaguchi song, which also I think has some music in the Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World game.

    I also have Bit.Trip.Beat, but haven't tried void. I just like how they treat music in their games. Every beat is associated with something happening in the game. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is Gabotron, thanks for posting this up, I can't wait to see what you do with CV! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gabotron, Thanks for coming on the blog. Any little I can do to spread the word of CommanderVideo. When the video is ready I'll give you a shout.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared to join the conversation and lay your opinion down in the comments section. We just ask to be civil and keep the name calling down to a minimum.