Pages Tabs

2.21.2011

Primal Carnage (not Primal Rage) - Dinosaurs rule your face.

Dinosaurs, I love you.

What is it about boys and Dinosaurs? It seems that from the moment a boy can comprehend the idea of a giant lizard monster that terrorizes all other creatures, They fall in love. This game, Primal Carnage, developed by Lukewarm Media and built with the Unreal engine, looks great. Video below.




What is it?

It's a co-op first person shooter with a real Jurassic feel. Scientist, Commando, Trapper, Firestarter, and Pathfinder - these are the human classes announced so far. I emphasize human because you can also pick from the Dinosaur classes: Tyrannosaurus, Raptor, Dilophosaurus, Pteranodon, and Compsognathus. Each of these classes have their own ups and downs so you'll have to coordinate with your teammates like any other first person shooter. As of now they are saying up to 20 people in each match so 10 vs 10, but the games can start at 5 vs 5.

Omg when can I play this?!

Primal's development is still in it's infancy. This video is from an alfa build and is already showing a lot of beautiful things. Sure it's not doing anything completely new with the FPS genre but damnit it has Dinosaurs! So I'm thinking something like Left 4 Dead but instead of the already-beaten-to-death-but-still-grinding-it's-bones-like-a-horny-tween-after-a-Twilight-film zombie horde (take a breath) we have Dinosaurs. Nothing beats Dinosaurs.


Who are these guys?

Lukewarm Media, a newly formed independent multimedia design company based in... Actually scroll down on this page. A map with pins representing all the contributors peppered all over the globe. Using EKI One®, "middleware for emotion and artificial intelligence", these guys and gals are cooking together what looks like a very fun and amazing experience for gamers on the PC and Linux platforms (Xbox 360, and PS3 show up on wiki, but wiki sometimes lies). If you want to know more about them please visit their site here; and if you have an extra dime or more burning a hole in your pocket you can donate on the Primal Carnage website.

Primal Carnage

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game, so keep an eye on the blog for updates.

P.S. Monster Hunter Monster Hunter Monster Hunter!!!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to jump on people as a Raptor and act like this http://youtu.be/prgm4eKq6d4

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this game reminds me of a modern day Turok and Jurassic Park type game.

    I really hope whoever(whomever?) has the rights to the Turok series brings it back, even once every 4 years would make be enough I think...

    I really enjoyed the Turok games on the N64, and even Turok: Evolution(I think) on the last gen consoles, it's just something about the dinosaurs.

    Anywho, I thought I had commented on this last week, but I probably trolled through it when I was on the cold/flu medicine, and just IMAGINED typing out my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Yes sir like I said man, Dinosaurs rule you're face. I hope they don't suddenly turn into the new zombies.

    I really enjoyed the first Turok for N64, but didn't get a chance to check out any others after that. I watched Derrick play a lot of this game too. Now that I think about it, if I didn't play a game myself, I watched Derrick play it a lot lol.

    Hope you get well Coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared to join the conversation and lay your opinion down in the comments section. We just ask to be civil and keep the name calling down to a minimum.