Pages Tabs

10.12.2010

Podcast Ep. 25 - Is the Japanese game industry struggling?


On this fine episode we sit down and celebrate our one year anniversary by returning to our fanboy roots bitchin' about games.

We give our thoughts on the Japanese price of the 3DS and if its really worth what Nintendo is asking for its ground breaking 3D screen. We also point out Mad Catz inability to create a third party controller that isn't a piece of shit and our discussion on Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker's "Date with Paz" Extra Op mission sparks a conversation about the Japanese video game industry and its seemingly lack of relevance in the western video game market today.  

Download | itunes

What do you think about the Japanese gaming industry and do you like Japanese developed games?
Is the land of the rising sun being schooled by western video game developers? 

5 comments:

  1. Hey guys,

    Here is the link to the portable MMO handheld. Interesting idea just dont know how there gonna pull this off. The batteries are probably only going to last an hour at max...

    http://gizmodo.com/5655371/exclusive-first-photos-of-jungle-panasonics-portable-online-gaming-system

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes The Jungle by Panasonic! Thanks dude. Yeah this thing is probably worse on it's charge than the PSP. Probably have to just plug it in... Honestly being the portable whore that I am. I might actually get this--I'm so bad, I almost bought an "NGage".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't do it Den! You'll regret it for the rest of your life. There is something to live for!

    @GreySage - Thanks for the help

    ReplyDelete
  4. /sigh...I thought I had answered this last week when it was posted, now I see my comment isn't hear...internet trolls at their best!

    Anywho, I think the Japanese gaming industry comes up with some creative games, and while not all may appeal to a "western" audience, the same can be said about our FPS genre over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Coffee - WHAT PEOPLE POSSIBLY DON'T LIKE THE FPS GENRE... PREPOSTEROUS I SAY! GUNS R AWESOME AND EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE TO SHOOT THEM! 2ND AMENDMENT BABY!

    Anyways yeah your right, but I think maybe they've lost a little bit of their dominance over the years but I'm sure we'll see some good stuff coming out as well. The Last Story has my eyes on it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared to join the conversation and lay your opinion down in the comments section. We just ask to be civil and keep the name calling down to a minimum.